I put it on on Facebook today. I guess it’s “official.” No turning back! I told my coworkers over the past few days. I emailed my siblings yesterday. Now the whole world knows! Many stunned reactions from our friends. I get it. I totally get it! I’m stunned as well. But now I want to focus on what we need to do to make this happen as smoothly as possible. I don’t mind the occasional bump on the road less taken to new beginnings But Frank would prefer the road always taken because it’s simply the most comfortable one. I sure don’t want to go through some of the frustrations of when I moved to Malaga and to San Diego. Strangely, Malaga was the easier move. Everything seemed to fall into place - from meeting my first friend on the airplane to Malaga to getting the first (only) job I applied for. San Diego was another story altogether. It was so hard to meet people. It took 6 months to land a decent job (not that delivering phone books wasn’t a character-builder). So many bumps on that road. But at least we’ll have each other and that’s something I haven’t had in my previous moves. We will be able to ground each other. When he gets frustrated by something that doesn’t work the way we’re used to. When I freak out about the cost of things I hadn’t anticipated. That’s why I’m diving into research. So much to do! SO much to learn. But we have time. And soon, we’ll have all the time in the world!!!
Some of the best reactions:
- Wow! And Wow! So excited for you both and now I have some awesome friends to visit in Portugal.
- Wait...WHAT??????? Does Debbie David know this???? What about Ari and Jake??? What about all of US??? How can you be so SELFISH??? *SOB*!!!!!!!! Bahahahahahahah! Congrats. Good ON ya!!
- What? Wait! I haven't visited you in CA!! Now I have to go to Portugal?! Wowza. Congrats 😜
- Wow! Congratulations! Living life to the fullest.....the only way to go!
- No. Fucking. Way.
- Awww Frank Remiatte the San Diego performing arts will not be the same! ❤️ we will just have to visit you is all 😬
- NO!!!!! In shock!
- Wow! So excited for you guys. You always wanted to move abroad so here's to making your dreams come true! ❤️
- Powodzenia ..😉 (from my cousin in Poland!)
- Oh. My. God!!
- Congrats to you both! Can't imagine life here without you, but so excited for the whole world of opportunity that awaits you!! ❤
- You two are my heros cause you are livin' life to the fullest! You'll always have a couch to surf on here in PS!
- Oh my gosh!! That is phenomenal!! You will have to share more details! We might decide to follow you!! We can all do theater!
- Congrats! Retirement rocks! You're going to love it.
- I love you both and will miss you, but am over the top happy for you too, because I know it's going to be a wonderful new chapter. And maybe we'll all wind up on the same cruise ship someday! Congratulations!!!
- You are my idols! Way to go!
- I think I'm speechless.....
And a text from my Vice-Principal Micheline the evening of the day I told her:“I have to tell you... I am so happy for you and Frank. That made my day. Living the dream!💜💙”
Post a Comment