Friday, April 7, 2017

Book Em

My pragmatic side - which is my dominant, if not “best” side - usually keeps me from being too impulsive. I tend to over-analyze and run through every permutation in my head before making a decision. We’ve been talking about leaving for Portugal after our nephew, Jake’s 10th birthday at the end of October. I was looking at airfares soon after that date and the lowest price was November 8 (which happens to be the first anniversary of the election), but I still wasn’t ready to pull the trigger. What if the early retirement incentive doesn’t go through? What if something else comes up between now and then? What if??? 

Yesterday I got an alert that the airfare had dropped again. Not by a lot, but enough to make me think it might be a good time to commit. Frank was urging me to “just do it.” Soooooo we booked our flight! We’ll be on our way at 6 am Wednesday, November 8. Now we just have to wait for the confirmation of our first month’s apartment and we’ll be all set to go 7 months ahead of departure!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I’m feeling a little frustrated that we haven’t gotten all the financial dealings settled. Just some miscommunication on our part about the type of account we want to open, but it should be taken care of tomorrow. Yet another item on the checklist to be completed. I saw a TravelZoo deal on a 6-night trip to the Algarve for $699, including air and hotel. I put it out on Facebook with the hopes of enticing some people. I definitely got some interest! I’m excited about people coming to visit us!